Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Restrained

There are some disturbed people out there.

Recently I attended a meeting where one participant, because he couldn't convince the others to break some promises to third parties, lost his temper and began yelling in the meeting. OK, I can forgive you losing your temper. That's not a big deal at all. I do it all the time, and I hope to be forgiven when I do.

Still, the guy made several of us uncomfortable, and we were even less willing to work with him after that outburst.

NOW, this guy is tossing around threats of lawsuits for slander, and talking about carrying guns around with him wherever he goes. I do not know HOW this escalated to that, but he's devolved into a mass of paranoia and threatening phrases. One person who was there is filing for a restraining order, and encouraging the rest of us to do so as well.

Weird.

But I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The Freedom Movement attracts many different types, and perhaps this is one of the fringe-y guys who held it together long enough to pass unnoticed before. At least now we know what he is, and can move around him.

One thing's clear; know with whom you're getting into bed. The extraction process is often too painful to accomplish easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment